Monday 12 October. “AUTUMN WOODLAND WALK”. 5 miles. 10.00am start from outside Bracken Hall Countryside Centre. We will take a circular route through some of the best of our local woods including Shipley Glen, Hirst Wood, and Walker Wood, hoping to enjoy some attractive autumn tints on the trees. The ground may be rough underfoot in places. One stile. Return to Bracken Hall by around 12.30pm.
GUIDANCE FOR PEOPLE WISHING TO JOIN ONE OF OUR “AUTUMNAL TENS” GUIDED WALKS:
1. Please read the description of the walks on offer carefully, in order to choose one that suits you.
2. Leaders will not be able to give you any personal assistance which would involve close proximity or touch during the walk (except in an emergency), e.g. to cross stiles, or manage slippery slopes, so if you think you might need assistance please bring along a family member (i.e. book 2 places).
4. Please bring with you:
* any medication you might need, including plasters;
* hand santiser;
* water bottle and any snacks.
5. Please remember that, many paths will be stony or muddy (after all the rain we have been having) so please wear walking shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
6. To book, email email@example.com giving the following information:
* Title and date of the walk you wish to book on.
* Your name/s, address, telephone number, email address.
* An emergency contact – name and telephone number – that we should contact in case you became ill during the walk.
* Any significant health information that you feel the leader should be aware of (we will treat this information in strict confidence and it will only be shared with the walk leader).
7. We will let you know quickly if we have been able to reserve a place for you on your chosen walk.
8. If, after having booked, you do not feel well in the days leading up to the walk, or on the day itself, please stay at home and do not join the walk. You can inform us that you are not going to participate by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org email
8. If you arrive at the meet-up point appearing unwell, or without the footwear appropriate to the walk, the Walks Leader may need to ask you not to start the walk.
9. The walks will take place even if it is raining. We will only cancel if the weather is so bad as to be deemed a potential hazard – in which case we will telephone you as early as possible to let you know.