Sorry – this walk is now fully booked (1 December).
Join Chris Flecknoe for a morning to get us all in the Christmas spirit. We shall combine walking with six stops to sing a carol (each walker will have the chance to choose their favourite). Carol books and mince pies will be provided.
This will be a gentle walk of around 4 miles, taking a circuituous route around the back of the Moor, to eventually ascend to the summit of Baildon Moor.
You are especially invited to wear a Christmas hat or tinsel. Bring a flask with a hot drink to enjoy with the mince pie!
This walk-and-sing will not take place if the weather is very poor on the day (because singing in the rain is not a lot of fun – notwithstanding the joy of the film of this name). If cancellation is needed, this will be posted on the Baildon WaW website and facebook page, and an email will be sent to all the participants.
GUIDANCE FOR PEOPLE WISHING TO JOIN ONE OF OUR ” SIXER” GUIDED WALKS:
1. Please read the description of the walks on offer carefully, in order to choose one that suits you.
2. Leaders will not be able to give you any personal assistance which would involve close proximity or touch during the walk (except in an emergency), e.g. to cross stiles, or manage slippery slopes, so if you think you might need assistance please bring along a family member (i.e. book 2 places).
3. Please bring with you:
* any medication you might need, including plasters;
* hand santiser;
* water bottle and any snacks.
4. Please remember that, many paths will be stony or muddy (after all the rain we have been having) so please wear walking shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
5. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org giving the following information:
* Title and date of the walk you wish to book on.
* Your name/s, address, telephone number, email address.
* An emergency contact – name and telephone number – that we should contact in case you became ill during the walk.
* Any significant health information that you feel the leader should be aware of (we will treat this information in strict confidence and it will only be shared with the walk leader).
6. We will let you know quickly if we have been able to reserve a place for you on your chosen walk.
7. If, after having booked, you do not feel well in the days leading up to the walk, or on the day itself, please stay at home and do not join the walk. You can inform us that you are not going to participate by emailing the email@example.com email
8. If you arrive at the meet-up point appearing unwell, or without the footwear and clothing appropriate to the walk and time of year, the Walks Leader may need to ask you not to start the walk.