Wild Wednesdays, organized by Friends of Bracken Hall and Baildon Town Council, offer a range of outdoor activities aimed primarily at youngsters, enabling them to experience nature close-
Drop in family activities using Shipley Glen, linked to nature and the local environment. Activities change through the year to suit the seasons and the weather. For example:
• Investigate – use magnifiers to see more detail, be creative – paint or draw what you can
see, make a model.
• Learn about bats, owls or butterflies.
• Find out how tree seeds travel and make a model you can play with.
• Use recycled and natural materials to make a bug home for your garden.
• Make your senses work – explore the rocks blindfolded.
• Look to the skies and launch a rocket!
• Or join a short guided walk
• through the woods looking at trees, flowers, fungi or minibeasts, listening to birds.
• along Brackenhall Green, exploring the rocks and grassland, finding signs of animal
activity and evidence from history.
• up to the moor to search for fossils from ancient seas or dip in the ponds.